2020 is the year of the Staycation. So now we ALL have to rediscover the local :) It’s also the year when Hackney Tours moves closer towards its aim of giving back to the community on multiple levels.
Not just in the sense that tours can make people happier, provoking curiosity about where they live and opening doorways to new worlds (or existing worlds we just didn’t know about under our noses) – but also in the sense of providing something the community needs.
- Celebrating local changemakers and social enterprise trailblazers addressing global issues, using the UN Sustainable Development Goals as a framework.
- Fitness (I’m also a personal trainer)
- Tours (education, education, education) that promote connection and break down barriers…
- Volunteering (Mutual Aid, anyone?)
- Encouraging carbon-free local wonder!
- Encouraging people to shop local and support the local indie business that makes East London so interesting. Let’s keep it that way!